I often feel that I am living a Leunigian nightmare when I see friends, colleagues and family substituting a real life with a virtual one.
Here are a few tips for those who have lost their way:
- Lose the Wii Tennis, pick up a racquet and find a court.
- Get away from facebook for an hour (baby steps I know) and talk to your neighbour face to face.
- Quit playing Call of Duty 4 and join the army. (Well only if you want to)
- Turn off So You Think You Can Dance and join a Salsa group.
- Before ordering your vegies online, walk down to your local grocer and catch up on the neighbourhood goss before you buy the vegies you really want.
Trying this out will benefit those who still believe that Old World Charm has a place in our society. I, for one, will continue to fight the fight until the fight is done.
(Let it be known that I am not a luddite nor do I subscribe to the ideas of those that are anti-technology. Far from it. I do, however, see a need for many of those I know to live a life that is worth living and above all, real.)