Monday, October 26, 2009

Celebrification

It is no secret that I can't stand some of the ridiculous idiosyncrasies of modern society. Those close to me know how cynical I can get on occasion (I'm generally a positive person mind you) but one thing in particular that really pushes me up to new levels of ire is the modern world's propensity to accept the philosophical ramblings and sage like advisements of its celebrities. The power of celebrity in our day and age is misguided and unforgiving and what saddens me even further is that this power is fed by the hungry minds of those new world inhabitants who are only to eager to accept as scripture the innane guidance of the celebrified underclass.

"As long as people accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it." Dick Cavett

No comments: